Depiction of 합천 반야사지 원경왕사비

Originally placed at the old site of Banyasa Temple, it was moved to Haeinsa Temple. But it had been kept in the warehouse; again it was put at the present place. This pagoda was built to appraise the Wongyeongwangsa. It is made up of three parts, which are the prop stone like a turtle, the main stone and the roof stone. According to an inscription, the family name of the Wongyeongwangsa is "Sin", he was born in the fourth year of King Munjong (1050) of the Goryeo Dynasty. After he went to Sung along with the Daegak guksa, a monk who was regarded as a state mentor of the Goryeo Dynasty and returned home, he became Seungtong, the highest position in the Gyo Order in the first year of King Sukjong (1104), and stayed at Gwibeopsa Temple. When he entered the Nirvana, the King gave him a posthumous name " Wongyeong". The content of the inscription was composed by Kim Buil and the letters was written by Yi wonbu. The official title of his followers was engraved at the back of inscription. Judged from the sculptural technique and the simple roof stone, this work shows the characteristics of the middle Goryeo Dynasty well.

PropertyValue
rdfs:comment
  • 보물 제128호
ho:createdBy
foaf:depiction
dc:description
  • Originally placed at the old site of Banyasa Temple, it was moved to Haeinsa Temple. But it had been kept in the warehouse; again it was put at the present place. This pagoda was built to appraise the Wongyeongwangsa. It is made up of three parts, which are the prop stone like a turtle, the main stone and the roof stone. According to an inscription, the family name of the Wongyeongwangsa is "Sin", he was born in the fourth year of King Munjong (1050) of the Goryeo Dynasty. After he went to Sung along with the Daegak guksa, a monk who was regarded as a state mentor of the Goryeo Dynasty and returned home, he became Seungtong, the highest position in the Gyo Order in the first year of King Sukjong (1104), and stayed at Gwibeopsa Temple. When he entered the Nirvana, the King gave him a posthumous name " Wongyeong". The content of the inscription was composed by Kim Buil and the letters was written by Yi wonbu. The official title of his followers was engraved at the back of inscription. Judged from the sculptural technique and the simple roof stone, this work shows the characteristics of the middle Goryeo Dynasty well. (en)
  • 원경왕사를 기리기 위해 세운 비(碑)로, 반야사의 옛터에 있었던 것을 1961년에 해인사 경내인 지금의 자리로 옮겼다. 거북받침돌과 비몸, 지붕돌을 갖추었는데, 각 부분이 얇은 것이 특색이다. 비문에 의하면, 원경왕사는 대각국사를 따라 송나라에 갔다가 귀국하여 숙종 9년(1104)에 승통(僧統)이 되었다. 예종의 스승이 되기도 하였고 그 후 귀법사에 머물다 입적하자 왕은 ‘원경’이라는 시호를 내렸다. 비문은 김부일이 짓고 글씨는 이원부가 썼다. 고려 인종 3년(1125)에 만들어진 이 비는 조각기법이나 간단한 형태의 지붕돌 등에서 고려 중기 특징을 잘 나타내고 있다. ※ 참고로 元景王師 樂眞의 생몰연대에 대한 의견은 대략 3가지 정도가 있다. 1. 葛城末治 설(조선금석고) : 1050-1119 2. 李弘稙 설(국사대사전, 한국인명대사전) : 1045-1114 3. 許興植 설(한국사 연구 35) : 1048-1116
ho:designatedBy
kdp:hasPeriod
rdfs:label
  • Banyasawongyeongwangsabi(Monument to buddhist priest Wongyeong of Banyasa Temple) (en)
  • 陜川 般若寺址 元景王師碑
  • 합천 반야사지 원경왕사비 (ko)
kdp:locatedIn
kdp:related
kdp:relatedCulturalProperty
owl:sameAs
dcterms:subject
rdf:type